The University of Ghana is looking for dynamic, versatile and suitably-qualified persons to join the team at its re-structured Internal Audit Directorate, in the following Administrative/Professional position in the Central Administration.
POSITION: Internal Auditor
REPORTING TO: Director, Internal Audit Directorate
Includes, but not limited to detecting and preventing of fraud; testing internal controls; and, monitoring compliance with institutional policy and government regulations.
This is to ensure that there is a fit for purpose and proactive compliance procedure which focuses on minimizing risk exposure whilst identifying opportunities to reduce potential negative incidents and losses as well as improve efficiencies.
The University of Ghana Environment
Academic work at the University of Ghana is organised in four colleges which have units across the Legon campus, Korle Bu campus, Accra City Campus, the Research Centres in Kade, Kpong and Nungua as well as Learning Centres on sites in all the Regional Capitals. Academic work is supported by a Central Administration, providing institution-wide services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be required to assist the Director of Internal Audit, University of Ghana, in his/her duties. He/she will also be responsible for:
• Conducting risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline;
• Establishing risk-based audit programs;
• Determining scope of review in conjunction with the Director of Audit;
• Reviewing the suitability of internal control design;
• Conducting audit testing of specified area and identifying reportable issues and dimension of risk;
• Determining compliance with policies and procedures;
• Verbally communicating findings to senior management and drafting comprehensive and complete report of audit area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. The requirements for appointment to the level of Internal Auditor are normally a first degree and either a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of two years financial experience, through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
2. Appointment may be made to the level of Junior Internal Auditor. The requirement shall be a good first degree plus an advanced degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent professional qualification with less than two years relevant experience.
3. Membership of a professional Accounting/Auditing body is required for this appointment.
1. Ability to handle confidential information;
2. Strong analytical, written/verbal communication skills, a service-oriented communicator who is a true team player;
3. Excellent interpersonal, and relationship building skills;
4. Systems knowledge and familiarity, ability to streamline/automate transaction processing and recording;
5. Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
An applicant is required to submit a completed application pack to The Registrar, University of Ghana, P.O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (hard copy) or firstname.lastname@example.org (soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional positions (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
ii. An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant educational and professional certificates
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, 30th September, 2016.
23 August, 2016