Vacancy for project manager
The West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCBIP) is an African Centre of Excellence for higher Education and Research at the University of Ghana, Legon. WACCBIP is implementing two major capacity-building projects for training and research in Biosciences, with funding from the World Bank/Government of Ghana and the Wellcome Trust. The Centre seeks a highly motivated, charismatic leader to assist the Director in the management of the projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Centre’s projects, and will report directly to the Director. He/She will lead the secretariat team and draft all communication for the Director, including project reports, letters, and presentations. The Project Manager would also assist the Director in planning and executing project activities, and should be comfortable with representing the Director at meetings and presenting the work of the Centre.
The following qualifications and qualities are desirable for the successful applicant:
1. Hold a Master’s degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Finance or related discipline
2. Have experience in project management, financial operations, strategic planning, and engagement with multi-national institutions
3. Be charismatic, dynamic, confident in public speaking, have excellent writing ability, and excellent interpersonal skills
4. Must possess a valid driver’s licence
5. Must have advanced competence of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Qualified individuals should send a letter of application and CV (including the names of three professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 31st August 2016.